[K12OSN] can't launch 'sudo /usr/sbin/fl_teachertool' via desktop icon

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Feb 20 05:49:23 UTC 2007

On my new K12LTSP 6 box, if I call 'sudo /usr/sbin/fl_teachertool' from
a xterm session, it comes up fine.  But if I create a desktop icon
(launcher in gnome) that calls this same command, nothing happens when I
click on the icon.  I've got other icons that call ssh to another host
and launch a graphical app, and they all work fine.  Any idea why sudo
and fl_teachertool won't launch?  It works on version 5 if that matters.

Petre