[K12OSN] OOo not defaulting to MS formats in version 6

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Feb 20 18:31:57 UTC 2007

Petre Scheie wrote:
> I just noticed that OOo is not defaulting to MS formats--.doc, .xls,
> .ppt--when saving documents.  I see the
> /opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/openoffice-ms-format-defaults.sh file, and
> I ran it as root, but it didn't change anything for existing users
> (didn't try creating a new user afterward).  Didn't there use to be an
> icon on root's desktop for running this?  Or was it run by default
> during installation?  Should the script still work?
>
> Petre

Running /opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/openoffice-ms-format-defaults.sh
should reset the defaults back to the MS formats.

If a user changes their personal settings, it will over-ride the
defaults. You might try nuking a user's ~/.openoffice* directory so that
they pick back up the default settings.

-Eric