[K12OSN] DST Changes?

John Wiles jwiles at johnmorganwiles.com
Fri Feb 23 18:50:19 UTC 2007

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> Does anyone know if most linux distros have already incorporated updates for
> the new daylight savings time changes?
>
> I have seen things regarding updates for MS and Apple products, but nothing on
> Linux.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Kronebusch
> Cotter Tech Department
> 507-453-5188

To check to see if your system hasn't been updated do something Similar
to the following:

        /usr/sbin/zdump -v US/Eastern | fgrep 2007

If you see Apr 1, and Oct 28 in the output your system doesn't have the
update.

If your distro is RHEL based download  tzdata-2006m-2.el4.src.rpm and
install the rpm.

If you have Java on your system and use it, you will also need to update
it as well.
Download tzupdater.jar from java.sun.com.

To test your java installation use: java -jar tzupdater.jar -t
If the JRE has timezone data that doesn't match the one in the tool, the
verification tests report errors and fail.

To update your java installation use: java -jar tzupdater.jar -u