[K12OSN] USB and Floppy support not working

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Mon Feb 26 15:01:04 UTC 2007

I had a similar experience recently: Months ago, Local Device Access (LDA) was working
fine for me.  A few months elapsed in which LDA was not used by anyone.  Then I went to
use it to access some CDROMs and got the same behavior you describe: the icons appear,
but when clicked on, they're empty.  I 'fixed' the problem by putting all the user IDs
into the fuse group.  This is a small installation, so it's not a problem.  Eric made
some changes to the LDA code such that putting users into the fuse group isn't necessary
(at the expense of a slightly lower security threshold).  I keep this box updated, so my
guess is that something along the way broke that modification.  I didn't have time to
delve into what actually broke.  Try putting a user into the fuse group and see if it
makes a difference.

Petre