[K12OSN] SCSI or SATA drives in my LTSP server?

Travis Smith tsmith at geneseeschools.org
Tue Feb 27 13:14:39 UTC 2007

** Confidential **
** High Priority **

If you can get SCSI for any production server. I recently bought a hp
proliant dl320 and changed the sata drive to two 15k SAS 72GbB ($350 a
piece) with raid 1 and it seems to perform well. It wasn't for a LTSP
server though.

Travis Smith
Information Systems Manager
Genesee Schools
810.591.3111

>>> kevin_haugh at redlands.k12.ca.us 02-27-07 12:54 AM >>>
I'm configuring a k12ltsp server to handle 35 clients.  My instincts
tell me to stick with SCSI drives.  However, faster SATA drives seem
to be catching up.  Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Kevin Haugh, Teacher/Asst. Football Coach
Redlands High School
Redlands, CA
kevin_haugh at redlands.k12.ca.us

Scanned by GenNET AV in