[K12OSN] Virtual Machine Advice

lmcpherson lmcpherson at mail.sumner.k12.me.us
Tue Feb 27 19:31:06 UTC 2007

I use a Dell D600 laptop with Ubuntu 6.10 as the host and VMware
workstation - Win98 & WinXP clients.  When I'm working wireless, Ubuntu
does not pass on the parameters to the VM - (WIN98 & WINXP Clients).
The wired connections works great - and I can use a share folder that
all OSs can access.  I also loaded Ubuntu Server 6.10 as a client -- but
it continually crashes.

I rarely need Windows, but I have it just in case I run into an issue I
can't solve with Ubuntu.

Larry