[K12OSN] Crazy Spam in my yum update

Jon Spriggs jon at spriggs.org.uk
Mon Feb 12 08:58:39 UTC 2007

On 2/11/07, Carl Keil <carl at snarlnet.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting this when I run 'yum update'?
> Both my k12ltsp boxes are doing it.
> And what can/should I do about it?
> Yum is wonderful, mysterious and terrifying to me.
> What follows is approximately one quarter (hopefully representative) of
> the output I get when I run 'yum update' from the command line.
>
> Thanks for any ideas.

<SNIP>

Hi there Carl,

I assumed it was a problem with the Macromedia repo, and disabled it.
I've not installed Flash on my box, so I edited
/etc/yum.repos.d/macromedia.repo and changed "enabled=1" to
"enabled=0".

That's as good a work-around as any.

Alternatively, you can use "yum --disablerepo=macromedia functionname".

Regards,

Jon