[K12OSN] Crazy Spam in my yum update

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Mon Feb 12 15:35:12 UTC 2007

Shawn Powers wrote:

>> It appears as though macromedia.mplug.org no longer is a valid
>> domain.  The spam is from godaddy's parked page.
>>
>> What is mplug.org?  Who owns it, and should we tell them their
>> domain is very broken?

MPLUG appears to have been the Mid-Pacific Linux User's Group.  Google
cache shows their www page from a year ago (Feb. 18, 2006)

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:a8ajOwFq70QJ:www.mplug.org/+mplug&h
l=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

with the following text:

July 26, 2003 - MPLUG and LUAU have merged into the Hawaii Open Source
Education Foundation.

It links to http://www.hosef.org/

The mplug.org domain is currently owned by a Warren Togami with
addresses in Nashua, New Hampshire and Honolulu, Hawaii.  Very odd.

--
Henry