[K12OSN] Crazy Spam in my yum update

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Mon Feb 12 22:32:49 UTC 2007

Nils Breunese wrote:
> Henry Hartley wrote:

> It doesn't seem to be a caching problem on my site, I can reach
> macromedia.mplug.org just fine.
>
>> July 26, 2003 - MPLUG and LUAU have merged into the Hawaii Open Source
>> Education Foundation.
>>
>> It links to http://www.hosef.org/
>>
>> The mplug.org domain is currently owned by a Warren Togami with
>> addresses in Nashua, New Hampshire and Honolulu, Hawaii.  Very odd.
>
> Warren Togami is the founder of the original Fedora Project:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WarrenTogami

Warren now works for Red Hat.  He was the founder of the Fedora Project
while at UH.  He also started the Mid-Pacific Linux Users Group while in
High School at the Mid-Pacific Institute

http://www.midpac.edu/

MPLUG and LUAU (our original LUG) were merged with HOSEF many years ago.

Warren has continued to maintain the Flash Plugin for Fedora and other
distros

> Nils Breunese.

--scott

--