[K12OSN] etherboot "slow dots"

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Wed Feb 14 14:21:48 UTC 2007

I have some older IBM computers that use etherboot because they don't
support PXE.  For some reason, several of them started showing a
problem where the "dots" that fill up the screen during the boot
process are glacially slow, and the computers often will fail to boot
all the way.  A different computer, sitting right next to it, booting
PXE, boots up lightning quick.

These computers have been thin clients for years, and are connecting
to the same server all year.  Any ideas where I can troubleshoot the
booting problem?  It's very odd...

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers