[K12OSN] Russian teacher in trouble.

Vince Callaway vince at totalsense.com
Sun Feb 18 06:47:00 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-17 at 21:58 -0500, "Terrell Prudé Jr." wrote:
> BTW, I am currently in Peru, with my GNU/Linux-running laptop to demo,
> and that is my primary mission here.  Wish me luck; they're 99% MS
> Windows here.

Certainly wish you luck.

I am definately a supporter of free enterprise.  The problem is that the
cost of hardware and licensing for a MS based PC is more than some
schools budget for a student in a year.

Personally I feel that in the lower grades the underlying technology
should be transparent.  Learning to join words together in a sentence
can be done just as easily in open office as MS word.  Heck, I still use
vi for 90% of my work.