[K12OSN] can't launch 'sudo /usr/sbin/fl_teachertool' via desktop icon

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Feb 20 18:18:01 UTC 2007

I don't think it's necessary, either.  I made numerous changes and
tweaks late last night (IOW, I was tired and groggy), including changes
to the sudoers file--I think I had had some mistakes in there because
when I trimmed it back, some things started working.  This morning I
changed the group to 'teachers', of which my ID is a member, on
fl_teachertool, tried my icon, and no joy.  Then discovered my icon was
calling 'sudo xclock' as part of an earlier debugging effort.  Changed
it to call 'sudo /usr/sbin/fl_teachertool' and it worked!  Then I
changed the group back to root, as it originally was, and it still
works.  So, I'm not sure why it wasn't working for me originally and I
don't know exactly what I did to fix it.  I do know that compiling my
own vncreflector, as mentioned in another thread, was key to getting
Broadcast to work.  But I don't think that has anything to do with why I
could not get fl_teachertool to launch via an icon.

Petre