[K12OSN] alternative remote desktop solution

Theo Turner Theo.Turner at CumnorHouse.com
Wed Feb 21 15:59:11 UTC 2007

I have also been looking at the xpunlimited package. The patch referred
to below works on workgroup computers but not when connected to a
domain. This makes it of no use to me. However xpunlimted have a version
that works on domain based computers. Does anyone know any more or does
anyone have it?

Theo

-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:k12osn-bounces at redhat.com] On
Behalf Of Steve Gilmore
Sent: 21 February 2007 14:53
To: Support list for open source software in schools.
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] alternative remote desktop solution

The WinXP patch has been around since XP first came on the market. It's
actually an original file from Microsoft that they deleted in the final
retail release. All you have to do is replace their file with the
original
beta and you have the same thing , though without paying some 3rd party
for
the same stuff. Here's a link for an installer and doc's.
http://www.kood.org/terminal-server-patch/
Cheers
SteveG