[K12OSN] Converting to Linux

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 01:55:51 UTC 2007

On 24/02/07, Kemp, Levi <lnkemp at bolivar.k12.mo.us> wrote:
> none? I'm unsure if we want to go with thin clients, some of the programs
> may be too much to run over the network. Second question, what version of

Others have commented on your query but I would like to just highlight
the two lines above. The beauty of thin client network is that, in
main, that programs do not run over network and virtually no file
transfers take place on network. All is run within the server and so
things become faster without chocking the network. All that is carried
by network is IO (display and keyboard/mouse) traffic and this is
relatively low even with 20~30 clients working concurrently.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar