[K12OSN] How do you setup clients so they print to different default printers?

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Feb 28 15:58:33 UTC 2007

You'll have to assign specific addresses to the clients in /etc/dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf.
Then you can control the default printer based on the workstation name or address.  For
example, you could create the following script, call it set_printer.sh, and put it in
/etc/profile.d.

#!/bin/sh
# Set default printer based on which workstation is being used
ws=$(echo $LTSP_CLIENT|cut -d. -f1)
case $ws in
   ws001 ) lpoptions -d library_printer ;;
   ws002 ) lpoptions -d library_printer ;;
   # and so on for the library workstations
   # now assign printers for the lab workstations
   ws013 ) lpoptions -d lab_printer ;;
   ws014 ) lpoptions -d lab_printer ;;
   # and so on
esac