Rép. : [K12OSN] Temp server not finding matching ram at reboot

Guy-Michel Lessard GLessard at cegepoutaouais.qc.ca
Wed Feb 28 20:20:15 UTC 2007

I have this very same hardware running k12ltsp with 2G ram.
Take a look at this:
http://quaggaspace.org/a8nvm/

I know it does'nt answer your question but maybe the suggested BIOS upgrade will.

Guy Lessard
Professeur CÉGEP de l'Outaouais
Gatineau, Québec
Canada

>>> "Jim Christiansen" <jim.c.christiansen at gmail.com> 2007-02-28 14:49:44 >>>

Hi All,  I've got the weirdest thing going on...  Our twin Opteron server is having ecc ram errors and is off to the shop and I have brought in from home-- an AMD 64 X2 4 gigs matching transcend ram asus a8n vm csm mobo.  The k12ltsp fc6 install is running smooth except for when it isn't...   the ram totals out at 2816 megs.  Pull the battery, jumper to clear the cmos and fire it up:  4 gigs found.  Boot the k12ltsp --  top it and 2816 megs ram indicated.

Power off and restart- bios reports 2816...   Pull the battery clear cmos...  restart ram check 4 gigs...  boot up k12ltsp and top it:  2816 ram!!

Soooo... google finds one comment about pulling the battery as the fix but this isn't working...

Any guru or with experience with a problem like this?

Thanks,  Jim