[K12OSN] needed: recommendations for Linux flavor with ongoing support

john lists.john at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 22:04:35 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I am in the process of moving a web-server off of Fedora 4 and onto a flavor
that will be supported for a while. I am looking for advice.  I am thinking
about Ubuntu LTS 6.06 because of the commitment by Ubuntu/Canonical to
support it for 5 years. I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that updated .deb
packages will be available to the community for the same period even if we
don't purchase support from Canonical. Does anyone else have any advice to
render?

Thanks!

John