[K12OSN] Fedora Legacy support no longer

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Jan 3 07:12:19 UTC 2007

Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> The Fedora Legacy Project is no longer alive.
>
> http://fedoralegacy.org/
>
> I think (please correct me if I'm wrong) this means 6 months of
> support for Fedora after the next release comes out. So about 4 more
> months of support for FC5 and hence K12LTSP5.
>
> Wondering how this is going to affect K12LTSP if at all?

Basically, no affect on K12LTSP.

fedoralegacy.org, while a good idea, never really took off. There was
only ONE fedora legacy update to FC4 - which hardly qualifies as good
support.

The good news I have heard in the discussions about the demise of the
fedora legacy project is 1) potentially extending the life of the Fedora
core support, and 2) building "extras" repositories for the up-coming
RHEL5/CentOS5. If both of these are done, it will largely fill in the
gap that fedora legacy intended to bridge.

-Eric