[K12OSN] terminal audio global setting

Jim Anderson jand689 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 3 21:14:44 UTC 2007

I've tried modifying lts.conf to enable the cs4236 sound module on the terminals.  I keep getting errors loading the module when the terminals start up.  I've tried cs4236, snd-cs4236, and snd-cs4236.ko, but with no luck.

I did a modprobe from a terminal.  This is the result:
[root at ltsp etc]# modprobe snd-cs4236
FATAL: Error inserting snd_cs4236 (/lib/modules/2.6.17-1.2157_FC5smp/kernel/sound/isa/cs423x/snd-cs4236.ko): No such device

I've tried an absolute path to snd-cs4236.ko, but got the same 'module ... not found' error.

I'm new to the tweaking part of k12ltsp so I apologize in advance if I'm asking obvious questions.

Jim