[K12OSN] [Fwd: Fedora 7]

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 11:13:11 UTC 2007

I am interested in the CentOS version of K12LTSP. Since you are currently
running it, what versions of the OS and LTSP does it consist of and where can
ISO images be obtained?

I looked on the K12LTSP site and the CentOS site and don't see any
CentOS/K12LTSP info. A quick Google search only turns up various forum
postings referring to CentOS with LTSP v4.x.x. I did see Eric's one word
affirmative response to a query about future K12LTSP/CentOS distributions,
but apparently there is a version already released, so any specifics about
what is already out would be helpful.

On Saturday 06 January 2007 02:39, Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote:
> Vince Callaway wrote:
> > Ubuntu requires setting up additional repositories and tools to make it
> > fully usable.  It is not quite a polished as Fedora but giving out
> > bootable/runable CD's is a plus.  My son hands them out at school like
> > crazy.  Most of the teenagers find it easier when they can just boot a
> > CD and play without doing an install.
> >
> > As a personal note.  I would not mind seeing more kids getting their
> > hands on Ubuntu disks. (hint, hint).
>
> Actually, I'm doing this w/ Kubuntu CD's.  Once the kids learn that,
> being a "Live CD," it won't FUBAR their Windows installations w/ all
> their games, they seem more ready to try it.  When they ask me, "Where's
> Internet Explorer?", I then, in my best Confucius imitation, answer with
> the now-venerable KDE saying, "First came the Navigator, then came the
> Explorer, and finally, cometh...the Konqueror.  Remember this, you my
> padawans, and thou, too, shalt grasp the Tao of Linux."  That always
> gets a laugh out of 'em.  :-)
>
> BTW, since you like CentOS, there is a CentOS version of K12LTSP.  I'm
> using it right now to type this, and my terminal is an EtherBooting AMD
> K6-2/450 that I built eight years ago.  Server is a dual-Athlon 1.2GHz
> box w/ 2GB DRAM built three years ago, and still rockin' beautifully.
>
> --TP
> Do you GNU!?
> Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus
> protection!

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                          MrJohnLucas at gmail.com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802                http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W                        AST (UTC-4)                         |