[K12OSN] Need software advice - SMS/Grading system

Onatawahtaw onatawahtaw at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 8 01:33:15 UTC 2007

Hi James,

I would recommend OpenAdmin. Les Richardson, the
author, just redid the gradebook a couple of months
ago and it looks pretty sharp. You can check have a
preview of it by going to the Teacher site and using
"richl" for the username and password in the Gradebook
section.  There's also a pdf gradebook manual there
that will let you see how everything works.

Hope this helps,

-Kevin

JamesHuffman wrote
 >> Hello all,
 >> I am wondering if any onehas any good
recommendations
 >> as to a good school management softwarepackage for
 >> use in a small (35 student) high school. We are
only4
 >> years old so we are stuck on nothing and have an
open
>> mind to all suggestions. We need a good grade book
and
 >> theability to print report cards. A good master
 >> calendar is also on ourwish list. I would prefer
 >> something on line but that is not a dealbreaker.
What
 >> are other schools using? (how much should we
expectto
 >> spend?) Of cource we are using Fedora LTSP as a
 >>platform and no Windows boxes are found on site.
Any
 >> help would begreatly appreciated.
 >
 > I don't have any good suggestions,however I know I
have seen good discussion
 > on this list in the past.  Ijust quick added to the
subject to help others
 > chime in.
 >
 > On another note, I helped set this school up when
it started.  Sinceday one
 > they have used nothing other than K12LTSP for all
their needs. It would be
 > awesome if you guys could help them get a good
linux basedgrading system.

 > Thanks
 > Jim

 Thetwo that seem to come up most frequently are Open
Admin and Centre.

http://richtech.ca/openadmin/

 http://www.miller-group.net/

 Petre