[K12OSN] replacing one raid hard drive

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Tue Jan 9 01:36:57 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I have found that on one of our servers (after rebooting) im getting a
SMART bad HD  error. The HD is still under warranty but am wondering how
to enable the new HD once it gets here. This is on a sata raid-0
arrangement. Out of all of the calamities we have run into,ive never had
to replace just one hd in a raid array. These are on hot swappable server
so removing/replacing( in front), is easy.
Will i need to go into the raid bios part at bootup on this server and
"rebuild  raid array"?
I dont want to wind up "mirroring" the wrong drive and end up with two
blank HD's! This would be my luck!:)...
Any info appreciated.

Barry Cisna