[K12OSN] Re: PDC/BDC problem (Randall Swift)

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Tue Jan 9 05:29:58 UTC 2007

> From: "Randall Swift" <swift at msad52.org>
> Subject: [K12OSN] PDC/BDC problem

> I have a PDC setup on core 5 that has been running all year. I finally got
> the chance to setup up BDC on core 5.
> Everything setup fine. However, when i run ./smbldap pdc on the pdc and
> after I answer all the questions I get the following error: Unable to load
> LDAP database for slave initialization:256.  I also ran ./smbldap bdc on
> the bdc and I get the same error. I have also restarted both servers with
> no luck. Ideas?? Thanks

The line that's failing is line 1260 of smbldap-configure, which is
running this command on the BDC:

slapadd -l $slapcat_ldif_path/slapcat.ldif

What happens if you run
$ slapcat > blah.ldif
on your PDC, copy blah.ldif to your BDC, and run
$ slapadd -l blah.ldif
?

--matt

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/