[K12OSN] general acceptance of k12ltsp in schools

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Jan 9 07:32:15 UTC 2007

I have heard all of the following:

"Look, we have to prepare our children for the 'real world', and the
'real world' uses Microsoft."
"Microsoft is the standard.  Employers are demanding that schools teach
the standard."
"Nobody got fired for buying Microsoft."
"Linux is for techies."
"Will it work with <insert special pet application>?"
"Where's Internet Explorer?  Where's my Outlook?  I can't take time to
figure this out, I have to do real work!"
"We'd have to retrain all our staff!  That's expensive, we don't have
funding or time for that!" <Note: they seem to have no problem spending
big bucks for Windows training.>

And the coup de grace:

"It was great while it lasted...."  This was the undercover one that got
ripped out by the Windows Nazis after two trouble-free years.

Of course, the mindset that you have to turn 3rd graders into "good
little employees" is a little frightening to me....

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus
protection!