[K12OSN] user account scripts

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 18:54:34 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, Ray Garza <ray at mission.lib.tx.us> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> I tried your python script below on my home PC and it worked. But, when I try
> it on my work PC it doesn't. I get an error message as follows:
>
> sys:1: DeprecationWarning: Non-ASCII character '\xc2' in file import_os on
> line 7, but no encoding declared; see
> http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details
>   File "import_os", line 7
>      userinfo=i.split()
>     ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> I'm using Python version 2.4.4 at work and the box I really want it on is
> using version 2.3.4.

I don't think the version of python matters. Looks like you are using
a password with the escape sequence

\x

which represents unicode (non standard ascii)
http://www.codecodex.com/wiki/index.php?title=Escape_sequences

I am not sure how you would fix this. Other python people are welcome
to help. :)
My only suggestion would be try not to have the backslash char "\" in
usernames or passwords.