[K12OSN] K12LTSP ftp/yum/rsync server down

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Wed Jan 10 16:32:53 UTC 2007

Eric Harrison wrote:

> Yum has great support for mirrors. No problem there.

I know. I'm not running K12LTSP however so I didn't know there were
mirrors already.

> The issue with my current configuration is that the mirror list is
> fetched from a single server, such as:
>
>  mirrorlist=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/mirrors/k12ltsp-6.0-
> $basearch
>
> If you can't get to http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us, you can't get
> to the
> mirrors.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to ship a k12ltsp-release package with a
mirrorlist in it and use mirrorlist=<somelocalfile> in the repo file?
That way people always have their mirrorlists and you can push
updated mirrorlists by creating a new version of the k12ltsp-release
package. I believe I have seen other repositories do this.

Nils