[K12OSN] Disabling Screensaver Lock on K12LTSP6

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Sun Jan 14 18:14:14 UTC 2007

Eric Harrison wrote:

> The change made for K12LTSP is to default to a blank screen saver, it
> does still lock by default.
>
> Here is how I track these things down:
>
> * I run gconf-editor
> * Edit -> Find -> Search For:
> * I chech "search in key names" & "search in key values"
> * click through the results until I see the key name that I want. In
> this case it is /apps/gnome-screensaver/lock_enabled
>
> If you are doing this for a single user, you can uncheck that box and
> you are done.
>
> If you are doing this system wide, you can pop open a terminal and run
> this as root:
>
>  gconftool-2 --direct --config-source \
>      xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults \
>      --type boot --set /apps/gnome-screensaver/lock_enabled 0
>

> Now if you want to disable the screen saver completely, the key is
> /apps/gnome-screensaver/idle_activation_enabled

Thanks, Eric.  I just executed it.  I typed
......./idle_activation_enabled 0

and Resolved address "xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults" to a
writable configuration source at position 0

was returned.  I'll see how it goes.  Half of my terminals are returning
a strange error message, too.  I'll go write it down and post it.

> -Eric

--scott