[K12OSN] K12ltsp Qemu usage

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 14 22:15:36 UTC 2007

Barry,

I've been playing around w/ emulation lately, too.  I
really wanted to use Qemu, but couldn't get it
compiled properly w/ kqemu on my Ubuntu machine.  I
used VMware for all my tests.  I used Windows 2000 as
the guest OS, since it wasn't "Genuinely
Disadvantaged" by Microsoft.

Just to clarify, you are using Qemu on fat clients
only, and not on a terminal server?  Have you tried it
on a terminal server?

What happens if you have 2 users trying to access the
same emulated Windows machine at the same time?  Is
that prevented by the emulator, or does it result in a
crash, etc?

-Rob