[K12OSN] Re: esd_ALSA_sound_on_LTSP_4_2 on K12LTSP 5.0.0

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 14 22:29:34 UTC 2007

--- Krsnendu dasa <krsnendu108 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you noticed that the sound on the terminal has
> improved?

At home I use Xubuntu 6.10 and LTSP.  This setup uses
ALSA and I use the "fix" that Gadi supplied.  My
primary use of LTSP at home is for piping music to
stereos in different rooms, and I definitely think the
sound is better now than when I was running Ubuntu
6.06 and LTSP, which used ESD.  I doubt I'd notice a
difference if I wasn't listening to music on the
system, or if I was playing it through crummy $10
speakers.

-Rob