[K12OSN] Flash sound gone after installing Xine and mplayer

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon Jan 15 16:26:36 UTC 2007

Hello.

Flash 9 will work with sound on terminals with the instructions at the
following link. Make sure you installed Flash Player9 Beta 2( not beta
one)  before you go on with the instrucions. The site is very
vague/indesisive ,but with some persiverence you will get sound through
esd add on. I could not get flash to work with pusle audio,although i did
try. The audio/video stinks but does at least work. A good test once all
is complete is go to msn.com and see if you have sound here. You must have
flash9 in order for these videos to play. This is the latest cludge,for
getting Flash9 and esd to work toegther. All of the previous
attempts/cludges took so much grunt work,I didnt think it was worth the
time.

Krsenedu, I could not get the rm file you had posted, to play on my
Mplayer,either? It loads and act like the video is going to play,but does
not. Ive found some playlist sites will not work with Mplayer either.

here is the link to start at:

  http://pulseaudio.revolutionlinux.com/PulseAudio

Thanks to Jean-Michel Dault at RevolutionLinux for all of his efforts!

Take Care,
Barry Cisna
westcentral school