[K12OSN] for those would like to try flash player9 -plugin

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Tue Jan 16 00:26:30 UTC 2007

Hello All,

  First off I hope this is alright to post this here. If not please let me
know. I have put together a tar.gz of what works on two of our k12ltsp v5
servers to get sound through Flash Player9 -plugin. This is a
"manual" install. Please know that  this has ONLY been tested on k12ltsp v
5 32-bit.
It may or may not work on older/newer vesrions of k12ltsp? I know a lot of
people here have put a lot of work into getting things to work in the
k12ltsp .
Credit goes to Jean-Michel Dault at RevolutionLinux, for the code in the
libflashsupport in getting both esd and pulse audio to work along with
FP9-plugin on terminals. I have only assembled the files after i compiled
them on k12ltsp v5.

 the file is : flashplayer9-esdpulse-k12ltsp.tar.gz
  (about 2.5 mb's)

If you feel brave go here to download from my humble ftp site and read the
install.txt inside the tar.gz to get it all installed:

  ftp://eazylivin.net/pub/flashplayer9-esdpulse-k12ltsp

As a precautionary measure i have also upped the flash-plugin7 rpm as a
backup. If you would like to revert back to FP7.It can be found here:

   ftp://eazylivin.net/pub/flash-plugin7-rpm

Please post positive/ negitive comments on how things went.

Hope this is alright with everyone and hoping it may help .
Take Care,

Barry  Cisna