[K12OSN] Web based Student Information Systems?

Vince Callaway vince at totalsense.com
Tue Jan 16 03:56:39 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 20:03 -0700, rmcdaniel at indata.us wrote:
> 2.) Does the new system use AJAX to prevent complete screen updates?
> Huh, what's AJAX...

Ajax has its uses.  And it is not a microsoft thing.  It also has
detractors as well.  Not sure I would bet the farm that it will become
widely used in the long term.

The biggest problem with any government agency is that things are done
by committee.  The committee acts as an entity with one brain.  Problem
is the more people on the committee the more pieces that one brain gets
chopped up.  I've noticed the same phenomenon with teenage boys, but
that's another story.