[K12OSN] OT: rpmbuild spec file wilcard question

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Thu Jan 18 16:18:29 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I've read the rpmbuild page but cant find what i'm wanting to find out.
Could anyone tell me how to add a wildcard ( or a variable ?) into a .spec
file to add selected files to a directory called   /dir-x.x.x.x ( x's
being #s)
In other words in the spec file in the %files section i would add:

/usr/lib/dir-x.x.x.x
to dump certain files into *whatever* numbers are " behind this directory,
namely ;  Firefox-#.#.#.#
This would allow the rpm to place files in any directory of:
/Firefox-x.x.x.x
( not number specific)

I think I've even confused myself here! :)
Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Barry Cisna