[K12OSN] Open Source Imaging software -optiplex SATA fix

Caleb Wagnon cwagnon at fordyceschools.org
Fri Jan 19 18:49:06 UTC 2007

We use Novell Zenworks imaging (which uses a suse linux kernel for imaging). Before it will work with optiplex's such as these you have to go into the bios and change SATA operation to "combination" mode. HTH

Caleb Wagnon
Technology Coordinator
Fordyce Schools

>>> "Abraham Rolick" <ARolick at fillmore.k12.ca.us> 1/19/2007 12:46 PM >>>
Unfortunately I've already attempted the g4u 2.2 ISO CD that's available
for download on their web site.  It dies when trying to detect the SATA
drive in these new Optiplex 745 workstations.  I may be doing a little
more digging to get things going ;P

Any other alternatives?  Thanks :)

-Abe