[K12OSN] libflashsupport test packages for K12LTSP 6.0

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Jan 19 20:30:06 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> Eric Harrison wrote:
>>
>> I have finished building test libflashsupport packages for K12LTSP.
>> After installing these packages & restarting your browser, sound should
>> work with the new Flash Player 9 plugin:
>>
>> http://repos.k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/non-free/6.0.0-32bit/libflashsupport-1.0-2098.i386.rpm
>>

>> The source package is at:
>>
>> http://repos.k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/SRPMS/libflashsupport-1.0-2098.src.rpm
>>

> (see my other post... please submit this as a Fedora package review)
>
> some pre-review suggestions:
> - Please use version "0" because Adobe hasn't organized a development
> project yet.  We don't want to conflict with whatever versioning they
> choose to use in the future.

Thanks, I'll have that patched & the new package uploaded in a few
minutes...

> - "License: BSD" is more accurate

I wasn't sure if the BSD license was accurate. The top of the source
(http://www.kaourantin.net/flashplayer/flashsupport.c) includes this
text that deviates from the BSD license (I'm looking at
/usr/share/apps/LICENSES/BSD) :

  You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Adobe Systems
  Incorporated from and against any loss, damage, claims or lawsuits,
  including attorney's fees that arise or result from your use or
  distribution of the source code.

> - mmm, a few other problems, but we can deal with this in the actual
> review after you submit it.

-Eric