[K12OSN] Discussion on sound (not meant as a rant)

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 23:34:07 UTC 2007

Dave,

You might want to consider using VMware to do a
test-install of the latest version of K12LTSP.  They
have a free-of-charge version now.  I've installed it
on a couple different machines, so I could give you
pointers if you need it.

Also, somebody mentioned upgrading to the latest
version of LTSP on your current K12LTSP installation.
I can probably help you with that, too.  I upgraded
LTSP on an Ubuntu machine and the LTSP installer lets
you save the new LTSP tree w/o erasing the old one.
For instance, you can have /opt/ltsp_old_version and
/opt/ltsp_new_version.  Then to switch back and forth
between the two versions, it's just a matter of
changing a few config files to give the proper
location of the kernels and the root path, etc.

-Rob (in NJ)

http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mplayer-fedora.html