[K12OSN] Transfering Hard Drive to another computer for load balancing:: wasOnboard RAID or Software RAID

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 23:37:25 UTC 2007

I managed to do it (one way) fine using the onboard via Raid. Both
motherboards are identical. Only the graphics cards are different one
is pci and one is agp. It wasn't a problem getting it to run. I
haven't tried putting them on the same network and doing the load
balancing thing yet.

But I have come across a different problem.
I have 3 hard drives. They are all 120GB but in bios two of them come
up as 111GB and one comes up as 114 Gb. When I mirrored the master
111GB drive to the 114 GB drive no problem But when I took the 114GB
drive and  put it into another machine and tried to mirror it to a
111GB drive the bios wouldn't allow it.

I guess I need to use the 111GB drive to   mirror the master drive
then put it in the other computer and mirror that 111GB drive to the
114 gb drive. But then if the 111GB drive fails and I need to mirror
the 114GB drive... I will have to find another 114 GB drive or bigger
I guess. It is inconvenient.

The controls in the bios raid are limited, but I was wondering if
there is any way to make the 114 GB drive into a 111GB drive so the
mirroring will be more straightforward.

Krsnendu dasa