[K12OSN] libflashsupport test packages for K12LTSP 4.2.x EL

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sat Jan 20 19:46:53 UTC 2007

I am running K12LTSP 4.2EL and just tried it out this morning.  The
video part of the Flash 9 plugin does work, but sound does not.  Note
that, with the previous version of Flash, sound did work.

Here's what I did:

1.)  yum update
2.)  yum install flash-plugin
3.)  rpm -ihv
http://repos.k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/non-free/4.2.3EL-32bit/libflashsupport-0.1.0-2098.i386.rpm
3.)  Close all instances of Firefox.
4.)  Start up Firefox and surf to www.youtube.com.  Play any video.

Now, to make sure that sound in general hadn't broken, I fired up
MPlayer to play a .ogg, a .wmv (I keep one for testing purposes), and a
.mpg.  That still works fine.  I am running the KDE desktop, and it is
configured to use ESD.  My KDE sound themes still work, as does sound
for TuxType.

As another test, I attempted playing a local .swf that I have lying
around (the "Come On Baby Run Linspire" spoof of the famous Doors
song).  I did this from within kfmclient (a.k.a. Konqueror).  Again,
video works, but sound does not.  Sound did work before the Flash 9 upgrade.

--TP
Do you GNU!?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.gnu.org/>--the ultimate antivirus
protection!