[K12OSN] compaq deskpros

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 04:43:13 UTC 2007

That is all I have (Model EN SFF) in my school they are great. The
sound is only 8 bit but hey... still sounds okay. Use sb module
(snd-sb8 for alsa). Everything onboard. Unplug the hd and they are
very quiet no cpu fan.
The trick to getting them to PXE boot is to update the bios. I had to
download a dos exe program called softpaq and it makes a boot disk
that updates the bios. Once that is done go into setup F10 enable
network boot and you should be away. The hard part is tracking down
and creating the bios update disk. Once you have done that though it's
good.