[K12OSN] Anyone having issues with Firefox? (K12LTSP 5)

Michael Elliott melliott at rpmhd.org
Mon Jan 22 14:27:54 UTC 2007

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read my message.  Is anyone having
issues with Firefox closing while searching the web?

I had a couple of users tell me they were having problems with Firefox
closing.  One user basically just said that it was on msn.com.  So I
tried to make it crash myself.  I went to several sites that I would
think they would use:

abcnews.com
foxnews.com
cbs.com
cnn.com
cnnsi.com
nbcsports.com
msnbc.com
msn.com (crashed once here)
si.com (crashed once here)
slashdot.org
google.com (crashed once here)

What I would do is go to each of these sites in this order.  Where I put
crashed here, it was in that sequence of sites visited.

I have a basic install of K12LTSP 5, just installed a couple of weeks
ago, no other updates have been applied or applications installed.  It
occurs on multiple terminals, the only difference I can see is that it
is random on how long it will take.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks -

Mike

--

Michael Elliott
Rutherford Polk McDowell District Health Department