[K12OSN] Recurring sound issue

Caleb Wagnon cwagnon at fordyceschools.org
Tue Jan 23 14:06:08 UTC 2007

Well, the brief moment I had it working everything seemed just fine.
Maybe a slight lag but not really enough to notice. Not nearly as bad as
it has been in the past with other versions. Compared to a windows
machine? Yes...some lag.

Lo and behold....the hidden esd directory had gone missing. After
recreating it and doing a "touch socket" within it all is well with the
world again.

Man...this is *really* annoying =)

On a side note... I won't be rolling this out until summertime so there
should be time to work out all the bugs. Perhaps another k12ltsp release
by then as well.

Caleb Wagnon
Technology Coordinator
Fordyce Schools

____________________

>>> "David Hopkins" <dahopkins429 at gmail.com> 1/23/2007 7:06 AM >>>
Caleb,

Sort of off-topic, but ... do you notice a significant lag with sound
in
flash (or other video streams)?  Otherwise, I would second checking
that
/tmp/.esd/socket exists.  I have no idea why someone would code a
requirement for a file to exist in a tmp directory that gets cleared
periodically.

Dave Hopkins