[K12OSN] Spotlighting in fl_teachertool (was Fl_TeacherTool 0.40 Released)

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 03:50:17 UTC 2007

On 1/24/07, Petre Scheie <petre at maltzen.net> wrote:
> Brilliant, Robert!  I love the new spotlight feature.  Now to try it out.

Thanks Petre. Being a teacher myself I really think the spotlight
feature is going to be very popular. When I did broadcasts before some
students knew they could "zone out" because there was no
accountability (no interaction). Now students tend to pay VERY close
attention cause if I spotlight them and say "show the class how to do
it" they are under the scrutiny of their peers. It's a super student
based learning activity. I now have some students begging to be
spotlighted so they can show off their ability to everyone else. It's
really useful for programming classes. I can honestly say that
Broadcasting with the spotlight feature now surpasses the
functionality of an LCD projector (and it's free).

BTW I have added the unlocking of the xscreensaver to 0.41. Simply hit
ESC to unselect everyone then hit locK and everyone will be unlocked.

--
Robert Arkiletian