[K12OSN] Sound in LTSP with Crossover Office

k12ltsp k12ltsp at hermon.net
Fri Jan 26 14:12:33 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

I read in the FAQ for Crossover Office that while sound isn't supported in
Crossover Office, sound can be made to work with some modification to the
configuration. Unfortunately, it doesn't go into depth on what steps would
make it work.

I emailed Crossover about it, and Jeremy wrote back:

"I'm pretty sure that the folks that have gotten it to work
have done so just by tweaking either ESD or Arts
settings (sadly, I can't remember which one).

CrossOver does have a native Arts driver, although
it's pretty rough around the edges, so OSS mode
via either ESD or Arts might be better."

We use ESD and Gnome district-wide. We tried esddsp with Crossover, but it
didn't work.

Does anyone know what settings need to be tweaked to get Crossover Office
Sound to work with LTSP?

Thanks!

Alan Owen
Recent Hermon High School Graduate (Class of '02)
Hermon Information Services/Hermon School Department
"Using Technology to Empower All Students to Succeed in a Changing World."