[K12OSN] WOL for thin clients

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Jan 26 17:59:25 UTC 2007

I'm running FC5 and that doesn't work for me; the clients just sit there dark and quiet.
  From what I've read, it s when the machine is shutdown, the OS has to tell the NIC to
be in a WOL state, although I'd think turning on WOL in the BIOS would take care of
this.  But despite enabling WOL in the BIOS on some Dell laptops and a Dell GX110,
sending the magic sequence does not cause any of them to turn on.

Petre