[K12OSN] Streaming server-Apache rewrite question

Roger roger.in.eugene at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 21:35:15 UTC 2007

On 1/23/07, Timothy Legge <tlegge at rogers.com> wrote:

> I am unsure whether http to rstp would be supported
> but I think you need the Redirect flag as in:
>

> RewriteRule ^/~(.*)/(.*\.(mov|qt))
> rtsp://OTHER-SERVER:7070/staff/$1/$2
> [R,NC,NS,L,T=video/quicktime]

I don't know if this helped or not.  I did figure out the problem.
the streaming server is running OSX, the software buries the movie
files in a sub-directory.  plus, the server doesn't do ~ usernames.
The rewrite is going to be re-writing to something like:
http://other-server:7070/staff/$1/Sites/Video_files/$2
Right now, the main server is serving the pages, when we go back and
try and figure it out, I should know more.   We only had about 8
different things we were trying to straighten out before a demo,
figured getting it to stream from a different box was the least of the
worries.