[K12OSN] k12ltsp usblp

Dean Mumby dean at mumby.co.za
Mon Jan 29 08:33:48 UTC 2007

Hi

I am trying to install a usb HP laserprinter (P2015) , since the extra
cost of parallel printers is no longer justifiable. I read that I need
to change the line in lts.conf

PRINTER_0_TYPE     = U
PRINTER_0_DEVICE  = /dev/usb/lp0
MODULE_01                = usblp

the problem is i get an error module not found

I ran uname -r from terminal and I get 2.4.26-ltsp-3 , I thought we were
running a 2.6 kernel ? , I am running the most recent version of the
centos version of k12ltsp. there is a 2.6.9-ltsp-3 dir under
/lib/modules/ in the /opt/ltsp/i386 tree so why am I not running a 2.6
kernel ?I found a module for usblp in this tree but not in the 2.4.26
tree where can I find a module for the 2.4 tree ?

Regards
Dean