[K12OSN] 2-server setup

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at mac.com
Tue Jan 30 02:58:32 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 21:43 -0500, Steven Santos wrote:
> The SMBLDAP scripts included with K12LTSP make this kind of 3 server setup
> fairly easy.

I just hijacked someone's thread because I want to ask a question. I
bought two servers (putting the specs on the list is on my to-do list),
mostly to have one in case the other dies. How hard is it going to be to
set up one as an LDAP server and remote mount its /home on the other
server so that both can be used as application servers?

Everyone seems to mention 3 servers, with the LDAP/home server not doing
any application serving. Is that because it's just easier that way or is
there some gotcha I'll run into just over the horizon?

Todd