[K12OSN] CXOFFICE cause High Load on K12LTSP 5.0

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Jan 30 14:47:15 UTC 2007

I have nothing to offer regarding your load problem.  But I will suggest this regarding
your political situation vis a vis Powerpoint and Impress: Casually mention that, gee,
MS has a new version of Office out, with a radically different interface.  That means
that much of what the kids have been taught about using PP is now outdated.  Perhaps it
would be better if the class focused on the conceptual level of presentations, so that
kids aren't always learning stuff that's outdated by the time they graduate.  Most
people will agree with this.  Then, since it doesn't matter what version you're using,
it doesn't matter whether it's PP or OOo Impress, since you're focusing on the concepts.

Petre