[K12OSN] DHCPD.CONF, need help to fill it in !

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Jan 30 15:37:31 UTC 2007

I see a few problems.  Is 192.168.0.10 being assigned to eth1 by your upstream DHCP
server?  Or did you assign that manually?  Or is this the address you're using on eth0,
the interface for the clients?  In either case, having both eth0 and eth1 on the
192.168.0 subnet will probably cause problems.  This can be fixed by changing the subnet
used for the thin clients on eth0, but please clarify before we get into that.

Gateway should not be 255.255.255.0; that's the broadcast address.  The gateway address
should be the address of the next device along the path to the internet, and is
frequently the same address as the DHCP server that gives your server an address on eth1.

DNS is usually set to the LTSP server, so at least what you've got is consistent.  But
please answer the above questions first.

Petre