[K12OSN] Re: Networking a new school for K12LTSP?

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 18:40:59 UTC 2007

Hello,

I think I perhaps mis-represented my point of view.  I am not fixed at
all on the idea of a single server.  It was, I thought, an easier
system to maintain.  I might have mentioned before that I am a
biologist by training -- I've been thrown due to circumstance into
this role, and while I do love it, I know my limitations.

The reality is that this school will not be completed for at least
another 2 years.  From what I understand, whether I have 1
mega-server, or 5 small servers, the wiring will be the same.  Thus
once the school is built and we start looking into the actual wiring
and hardware, for all we know the technology may have advanced so much
that a single mega-server may be much more feasible and
cost-effective.  Who knows?

Joseph

P.S. Am I correct that the wiring would be the same whether 1 server or many? :)